County residents can apply here for affordable rental housing. The application process follows our Tenant Application Policy.
You can apply here, or on a paper application. If you need help, you can:
- ask us
- go to a community agency or help
- go to a County-wide information session this Summer (dates coming soon)
We rank applicants based on:
- Date of application
- Current County residence with two exceptions
- Household income that matches the size of housing
- Level of housing insecurity
- Additional Household characteristics
The Secondary Suites Pilot Program is in its second year, increasing the supply of affordable long term rental housing for County residents. The interest free non-repayable loan of up to $25,000 is available to eligible owner-occupied or small landlords (fewer than 10 units) to build or renovate on existing residential properties.
The deadline to apply is 4 pm, Friday July 14, 2023.
To apply, you'll need to provide documents about:
- Your property: Ownership, encumbrances, proof of insurance
- Your proposed tenancy unit: location, drawings, rent to be charged
If you receive the interest free, non-repayable loan you will need to:
- Have a Loan Agreement and add the municipality to your title
- Agree to rent the unit for 15, or pay-back a pro-rated part of the loan should you sell the property